De Boer can´t pinpoint Dutch failings

Ajax coach Frank de Boer says he does not know what led to the Netherlands Euro 2012 failure.

The Dutch were among the favourites heading into the tournament but lost all three matches and were eliminated after finishing bottom of Group B.

De Boer admitted he was extremely disappointed with his country s poor showing in Poland and Ukraine but was unable to put a finger on what exactly went wrong for Bert van Marwijk’s men.

Just like the other 16 million people in Holland, I found it very disappointing,” the Ajax boss told reporters on Wednesday.

Was there a difference between now and two years ago? I don t know, but something wasn t right.

De Boer was an assistant to Van Marwijk during the 2010 World Cup, when the Dutch lost in extra-time …

Zagreb II will get Wembley crowd on board: Capello

Fabio Capello has warned his England s stars that they must build on the momentum created by last month s stunning win in Croatia by winning over the Wembley crowd against Kazakhstan on Saturday.

England s recent outings at their home base have tended to end with a chorus of angry jeers highlighting the new stadium s fine accoustics.

Capello believes that has created an inhibiting fear factor when Wayne Rooney and co. play in front of their home crowd.

But the 4-1 win in Zagreb has created tentative optimism that England are firmly on track to reach the 2010 World Cup finals, and their Italian coach wants to see the psychological shackles thrown off against a Kazakhstan side his squad should expect to beat comfortably.

It is important we continue the…

Falcao allays injury fears

Radamel Falcao insisted the injury that forced him off the field at half-time of Colombia s 3-0 friendly victory over Panama was nothing to worry about .

The Monaco forward scored Colombia s third goal from the penalty spot at Estadio Nemesio Camacho El Campin, but was replaced by Duvan Zapata at half-time.

Falcao scored 15 goals in 33 Ligue 1 appearances for Monaco in 2018-19, and his contract at the principality club expires in 2020.

He has been linked with a move away from Stade Louis II, with Falcao s former club Atletico Madrid reportedly interested in signing him again.

TERMINÓ EL PARTIDO EN BOGOTÁ

Colombia 3 vs. 0 Panamá

— Selección Colombia (@FCFSeleccionCol)

The 33-year-old recently rebuked the suggestion that …

Joao Felix: I´ll resolve my future after Nations League Finals

Benfica and Portugal attacker Joao Felix said he would wait until after the Nations League Finals to sort out his future.

The 19-year-old is linked with several European heavyweights, including Manchester City, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Clubs are reportedly ready to trigger Joao Felix s €120million release clause, with the teenager s rapid rise continuing with his international debut in Portugal s 3-1 win over Switzerland in the Nations League Finals.

Speaking after the game, Joao Felix said a decision on his future would have to wait.

Now I m focused on the national team, he told reporters.

After finishing the Nations League, I m going to resolve my life.

Joao Felix scored 20 goals in all competitions for Benfica in 2018-19,…

Conte reveals Barca inspiration

Antonio Conte says his ambition to adopt a Barcelona model at Juventus was enough to convince president Andrea Agnelli to hire him.

Conte, 43, joined the club as head coach in 2011 and has since guided Juve to successive Scudetto titles, the first of which came at the end of an unbeaten league season.

Conte wrapped up his second championship on Sunday following a 1-0 victory over Palermo and, writing in his autobiography, the coach revealed aspects of the job interview which landed him the position.

He wrote: In the past few years Juventus have been a team who allow their opponents lots of possession. Instead, I want the opposition to be afraid of the team before even taking to the field.

Juventus need players who are hungry for victories, players who be…

Felipe Melo on Sao Paulo radar

Galatasaray midfielder Felipe Melo is being linked with a return to Brazil, according to O Globo.

The 29-year-old hinted few days ago that a return to home country was a realistic option, which has seen Sao Paulo express interest in his services.

The Brazilian giants attempted to sign the player back in 2011, but he ultimately opted to join Galatasaray instead.

Felipe Melo, however, seems to be looking for a fresh challenge at the moment and unless he receives an interesting proposal from a top European club he will probably return to Brazil.

The highly rated midfielder left Brazil in 2005 to sign for Mallorca and has since enjoyed spells with Racing Santander, Almeria, Fiorentina, Juventus and Galatasaray.

Melo has enjoyed a great start to his c…

Ronaldinho expects ´big things´ from Jesus and backs Arsenal for Champions League return

Ronaldinho has backed Gabriel Jesus to show he is one of the best players in Europe following his transfer to Arsenal, who he expects to seal a return to the Champions League.

The Gunners splashed a reported £45million to sign the BrazIl forward from Manchester City and Jesus has quickly made an impact, scoring a brace in a 4-2 win against Leicester City last weekend.

Jesus performances have helped Arsenal stand alongside City as the only Premier League sides to win their opening two matches of the season, providing an early boost to Mikel Arteta s hopes of guiding the club to a top-four finish.

Ronaldinho believes that it will not only be Arsenal that benefit, as the legendary Brazilian feels Jesus has now been handed the platform to show he is one of the top�…

Man Utd at risk of being ´destroyed´ by Liverpool, says Saha

Manchester United risk being destroyed by Liverpool if they fail to improve on their poor early-season performances, according to former Red Devils striker Louis Saha.

The Red Devils are bottom of the embryonic Premier League table – the first time that has happened since 1992-93 – after losing their opening two matches.

After being outplayed in a 2-1 home loss to Brighton and Hove Albion, United were thumped 4-0 at Brentford last weekend on a chastening day for new boss Erik ten Hag.

It is the first time in 30 years that United have started a season with back-to-back league losses and life does not get any easier for Ten Hag, with Liverpool up next on Monday.

Liverpool have themselves had a slower-than-expected start to the 2022-23 campaign, having p…

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson: Club World Cup final against Flamengo a ´dream come true´

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson says playing in Saturday s Club World Cup final against Flamengo will be a dream come true .

Champions League winners Liverpool face Copa Libertadores holders Flamengo in a blockbuster clash at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.

The Reds are out to win the trophy for the first time, but Brazil international Alisson acknowledged sides hailing from his own country put greater importance on the competition.

Speaking at Friday s pre-match news conference, the ex-Internacional stopper said: I still watch Brazilian football, especially my former club, and Flamengo are a joy to watch.

I m excited to be playing in the Club World Cup final it is a dream come true. I was a young boy at 14 when I watched my club Internaci…

Portsmouth 5/4 to beat Bradford in Tuesdays League One battle

Market: Portsmouth to beat Bradford

Odds: 

Looking to mount a late push for the playoff s, on Tuesday night Portsmouth will look to carry on their recent success when they travel to the Northern Commercials Stadium to meet a struggling Bradford side.

For former Leeds boss Simon Grayson, his Bantams have drastically struggled to match their start to the season that briefly saw them flirting with the automatic promotion positions. However, Bradford have transformed into arguably League One s out of form side and with just one win in their last 15 matches, Bradford now see their goal difference keeping them outside of the top half of the table. Losing 11 of those 15, Bradford have now recorded just two clean sheets since November 2017 and their issues aren t j…